Friday, November 16, 2007

One Hell of a Year.

A year ago Thursday (I never seem to be able to post on time do I?) we sent our application to the adoption agency. We had taken a deep breathe and figured on traveling in the fall, and here we are a year later with our boy, home 4 months.

In the past year we have bought a house, been to Moscow twice (and lived there for a month), been to England to see Husband's family, and ran around like crazy obsessed people to bring a monkey home. I would say that it was a successful year overall.

Our house is still in disorder, no pictures have been hung, our china is still wrapped up in the basement, and there is an endless amount of remodeling to do on this 1977 nightmare that we live inside of. There are days when I look around and feel despair creeping in, the house is going to look like this for years. We are short on money and time-- there is no way to get this place looking the way I want it to. (Honestly, if I could accuratley describe the horror that is my dining room. Three words. Textured. Dark. Paneling. Do you feel my pain yet?)

So, my newest project is to get our pictures reorganized and hung up. Honestly, of all years this is the year of really important photos--not to mention really cute ones. I've been playing with some of my favorites on Shutterfly, but need to be careful not to go overboard.

Also, I need to figure out our holiday cards... it is almost impossible to get a picture of Monkey without his face being all scrunched up in his accurate portrayal of his Mama's squint. (I wear glasses for distance, and only wear them for driving now since someone is so intent on pulling them of my face!).

No comments: