Saturday, January 19, 2008

Blog as a mix tape.

I miss the very tactile experience of making a mix tape. Digging through your tapes and Cd's, organizing a playlist that fits whatever mood you're trying to convey, the rewind and fast forward. (Oh, and naming them, I loved that. A personal favorite of mine is "Piercing it won't make it bigger" a break-up mix tape.)

I love my Ipod (which is dying a slow and martyred death), seriously, that thing got run over by a car and worked for the next year and a half like normal. The whole ITunes, MP3 thing is easy and cool, convenient, but not as thoughtful a process. So, I've decided to play lets pretend. Lets pretend that I am going through the deliberate process of making a mix tape. Lets pretend that I have the time to do this. Lets pretend that I don't spend most of my time listening to The Doodlebops, and Baby Einstein.

I will be building and editing this list on the sidebar, since I do want this to be a good list, not just a mish-mash of everything I am listening to right now. When its done I'll burn a disc (because a mix tape, is really a mix Cd these days) and see if I can re-create a high school and college past time.**

** edited to add: If anyone likes the look of the CD that I do make, let me know and I'll send you one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tag you're it. Rules on my blog.

Laura said...

Hi Jen,
You haven't updated in awhile, so I tagged you on my blog. Hope everything is going well. Check out my blog :-)